I’ve long used Website Audits – or SEO Audits – as a core service for my agency. It has been so effective that I’ve not had to spend any time updating my website or filling the sales funnel (neither of which is a good idea). 95% of my business to date has been word-of-mouth and repeat business and Auditing websites has kept me fed and comfortable.
Recently, I’m inspired to do greater things with my life, and I’ve decided to actively work on growing my business with new customers and creating a scalable process that will allow me to have some much-needed time away.
I’m fortunate that with the SEO Power Suite and my ‘know-how,’ as I have everything that I need to grow quickly.
Creating a Scalable Cold Contact System
Each week, I see several posts in SEO and Marketing Agency Facebook groups asking about cold selling SEO services and how effective of a growth tactic it can be. Those that have had some success swear by it – while others say it is a complete waste of time.
So I’ve decided to start there. I plan to create a system that others can easily follow with step-by-step instructions and proof of results and ROI. This will allow me to help others (my why) while also helping me grow my business.
For the test to be successful, I’ll need to ensure I meet the following conditions:
- It must be scalable.
- It must be profitable.
- It must not be a negative experience.
- It must be completed within 30 days.
It must be scalable.
If you are not familiar with the term, being scalable means that I can have a repeatable process that someone else (in this case, a Virtual Assistant) can easily repeat. If I create a process that only I can act on – I’ll never be able to take a break or vacation without losing my income.
It must be profitable.
It might seem a bit silly to state profitability as a success factor, but if I’m not able to make a profit, what’s the point. While my initial expenses are minimal, I’ll need to ensure I have a positive Return on Investment quickly.
It must not be a negative experience.
There are thousands of SEO freelancers and Marketing Agencies out there looking for the next, get-rich-quick tactic. Anything that can be easily automated is can and will be easily abused. Most people feel a general sense of too much spam and not enough value within the industry. I’ll need to change that and not make a repeatable system that furthers the negative side of SEO. I cannot appear like I am mass-spamming people hoping to get lucky.
It must be completed within 30 days. (March 31st, 2020)
I don’t want to invest a significant amount of time and effort into this. If I am going to help myself and others at the same time – I’ll need to make the process easy and provide a quick success path.
Leveraging SEO Power Suite in My Plan of Action:
As mentioned earlier, having the seo audit software in my toolbox should, in theory, by almost all that I need. The toolset includes a Website Auditor that will allow me to quickly scan websites and provide an initial audit and game plan to my potential clients.
The suite of tools includes a Rank Tracker, a Link-Assistant program, a backlink checker, and the Website Auditor. For my case study, I’m only using the Website Auditor portion of the suite. The other tools will be invaluable once I have a successful sale.
My Testing Process:
- Identify potential prospects and cold targets.
- Conduct a Website Audit using SEO PowerSuite’s Website Auditor
- Cold Email the prospect with an initial introduction email and a copy of their audit report.
- In the email, I’ll need to explain a few of the biggest takeaways from the audit report
- I’ll need to speak towards the ‘pain-points’ my prospect might be facing.
- I’ll need to offer a low-cost trust-building solution to the most significant problem they are facing.
My 1st Attempts At Scripts
My initial scripts will be a starting point that I can enhance over the next few weeks. I don’t expect to have a winning solution right away, and so I’ll need to learn from my early wins and losses in this process.
- Initial Cold Email Script – Test One
- Subject Line: re: :::problem I found on www._____.com:::
- _____, I wanted to give you a quick shout to introduce you to my Freelance auditing service. I designed it specifically to help you with ( insert how they serve their customers) by showing you your website’s biggest technical problems preventing better search rankings – and how to fix them.
- ::: INSERT LOOM VIDEO – Audit Review:::
- Honestly, the easiest way to understand what I can do for you is to watch the 30-second video demo of me interacting with your website (above).
- My Audit program breaks down each SEO factor of your website, and through video, I explain the most significant problems I found and how to fix them.
- I’d be happy to go over your website in more detail if you are interested.
To have the highest chance of success, I’ll want to identify a niche audience and focus my message and testing. As I continue to adapt my process over the next 30 days, I can build a link-magnet and setup some marketing automation to help close anyone interested.
My Progress and Results
Over the next 30 days, I’ll track my progress and results here in this blog post, along with any lessons learned or feedback from peers.
Week One: In Progress.
Week Two: Pending….
Week Three: Pending…
Week Four: Pending…
I’ll also create additional introduction scripts and follow up emails in the coming days.
In the meantime, I’m looking forward to resolving the ‘cold SEO prospect’ debate once and for all (and making a decent profit in the process.) Be sure to check back on my progress! You can also try the SEO Powersuite youself by using the free download here.